Saturday, October 2, 2010

Claud Garrett


Hello All,
My name is Claud Garrett. I am a teacher of band and orchestra in the Portland area and work with kids ranging from middle school to high school (thats right - I purposefully give 6th graders loud noise makers!). I originally hail from Anchorage, Alaska and have done time in Idaho (U. of Idaho - Music Ed.), Texas (Baylor University - Masters in Saxophone Performance) and finally settled in Portland.
Back in college I started taking various computer classes as a break from the strict study of music. To me it was a puzzle and a good change of pace. As I have moved along in my educational and professional career I have continued learning many computer programs and finding ways to incorporate them into my teaching. I am looking into the subject of e-learning for new ways that I can expand my teaching to my students. The kids I have are little sponges and I would love to be able to keep up with their pace, but the world of music has too much. I am looking forward to the skills that this course will offer and how I can incorporate them into my music program.
On a personal note I am the proud father of a six month old bulldog and believe that the New York Yankees and college football is what makes this world a better place. I look forward to the next 10 weeks and all we have to learn!

No comments: