Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hello Everyone!

My name is Nicole and I am in my last year of grad school. I thought I wanted to be a teacher so I went to school to become one and subbed for about 4 years only to find out that I don't want to teach anymore. I'm at a point in my life where I'm trying to figure out what I like and want in a career. I'm at a crossroads and was at first very upset with my decision but am now excited to see what lies ahead. I got married this summer to the most wonderful man in the world, I might be a little biased. We met when we were both living in Prague, Czech Republic in 2007. He is a Chef from Ghana, Africa and cooks the most wonderful food! He helped me find a small passion for cooking which I recently started doing since he started working. I love to travel and spend time with friends. I hope to travel to Ghana and Togo in the future to meet my husband's family. I am currently finishing my masters degree and looking for a full time job helping people in some capacity because I love working and helping others.

I was interested in taking E-Learning Strategies because I feel the Internet is a very useful tool that we should be sharing with students. We need to teach them how to use it appropriately and I thought this would be a great place to start. Even though I don't want to be a teacher anymore, I still feel this class could be useful in other areas of my life. For instance, my husband doesn't know how to use the computer very well so I feel this class could teach me how to teach him to use the internet effectively for his learning. It will help him stay connected to his friends and family and will hopefully teach him strategies on the computer that he didn't know before. I hope this class will give me the tools to not only teach kids and my husband but also myself so I can take these tools with me in my future career path.


No comments: