Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Laura McCray

My name is Laura McCray, and I manage the Cooperative Credit Program in the Continuing Education department of PSU's Graduate School of Education. I work with agencies throughout Oregon and nationwide to offer PSU graduate credit for K-12 educators' and administrators' professional development activities.

I got my MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from PSU and spent several years teaching ESL (working for PSU, PCC, and various community organizations). I went on to do online software training for a start-up in Seattle where I was able to marry my love of teaching with my love of technology. After several mergers and acquisitions, I left the start-up world and went back to academia as the manager of the internship program at Bellevue College. I continued to teach online and in person, and I began to expand my knowledge of instructional design. 


In my current role, I work with a lot of organizations that are making the (sometimes painful) shift from the traditional to the online teaching environment. I want to be able to communicate with them about these changes in a well-educated manner. My knowledge of e-learning thus far has been a little willy-nilly. I want to learn about best practices, and I want to improve my own ability to shape information in a way that can be digested by and engaging for a wide array of people.

No comments: