Monday, September 27, 2010


Hello!

My name is Laura. Presently, I am working as a receptionist/office assistant at a medium sized construction company in Aloha. In the previous few years I worked as a 7-12th grade ESL and sheltered social studies teacher in Tillamook. When my position was cut due to budgetary issues, I joined the Navy Reserves to do my duty for my country. After 8 months of active duty training, I arrived back home to my new husband in May of this year. We had eloped while I was home on leave in February.

I hope to gain additional/supplemental employment as an online instructor after completing this series of classes, eventually (hopefully!) to fully replace my 8-5, M-F job with a commute.

For fun, when there's time for it, my son (Jayden, age 6 1/2) and I enjoy enjoy riding bikes and shooting his bow and arrows. My husband also works full time and is just beginning an apprenticeship program to become a journeyman plumber.

I look forward to working with the individuals in this class and I know each one of you has something special to teach me.

No comments: